Board index HVAC Parts & Repair Help Finding Repair Parts (1) Are Payne/Bryant/Carrier furnaces the same?

Are Payne/Bryant/Carrier furnaces the same?

I understand Carrier builds Payne and Bryant furnaces. Are the high efficiency furnaces identical in parts?

Thank you for your question! Carrier, Bryant & Payne will have identical parts for the high efficiency furnaces. Do you need help locating a replacement part? If so, we will need the Product number of the unit or the OEM Part number! Thanks! :D

joe User avatar

In addition to Carrier, Bryant, and Payne- ICP, Heil, Tempstar, Comfort Maker, Sears, Arcoaire Kenmore are now also owned by the same company. The ICP/Heil/Tempstar line of equipment uses the same parts as Carrier, although recently they have begun to disguise the part numbers better so that the average tech doesnt know that they are the same.

Good to see you back- sorry about the spam issue we had. Was rediculous..

NorthAmericaHVAC
Joe

Joe, The reason I asked the question is my neighborhood has both Payne and Bryant 90% furnaces, but all have the same 2 ton Carrier condensor/compressors outside. My Payne unit calls out 3 different draft inducer motors, as a housing assembly. Is this because the inlet/outlet are in different positions for different models? The blower motor is the same, many for one model.
Thanks, Daryl

joe User avatar

Furnace with different BTU ratings will have different size heat exchangers, a different number of exchanger cells ect.. This means that you will need different sized blower motors/ blower wheel combinations to move the flue gas through at the proper pace. That is typically why you have so many different inducers, even on the same line of furnaces.

Hope that makes sense. Have a great one!

NAHVAC
Joe

Return to Finding Repair Parts (1)